My name is Dina, and I’m a graduate student pursing a Master’s in Neuroscience. (I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology in 2015.)
I have a variety of interests that seem to be always changing:
- Writing fiction and poetry
- Playing video games on my 3DS (my current favorites are Harvest Moon and Pokemon!)
- Watching documentaries about nature and human health
- Knitting and crocheting (still in the process of learning!)
- Reading various manga series and other graphic novels (as well as plenty of non-fiction! Check out my bookshelf over here!)
- Making clay crafts, namely fake sweets
- Visual novel game design
- Coding/programming (I started learning Python recently!)
About this Blog
I created this blog over a year ago for one of my university courses, titled “A Day in the Life of Dr. Caswell.” One of the main goals of the course was to encourage students to develop divergent thinking skills, exploring the process of learning and understanding while reducing one’s own inner critic.
As part of the course, we students were encouraged to create a publicly-accessible “learning portfolio,” where we would share our weekly assignments with our classmates. I decided that I would create a blog here on WordPress. As the course progressed, I realized that I not only enjoyed the course, but also that I loved writing and reading about various ideas and topics that interested me. (I created a page dedicated to the course, over here!)
Upon the end of the course, I decided that I would keep this blog running. It has undergone a name change since then (from “Think Tank” to “Brain Bonbons”), but I hope to continue sharing my passions with the blog-o-sphere for a long time to come.
Thank you for reading and stopping by! :)